8 Days – Departures:
28 December 2019
GIFT MUSEUM ASTRONAUTICS-COSMONAUTICS & CHURCH OF THE SAVIOR ON BLOOD
Moscow is located in the western part of Russia, and is the capital of the country. With a population of 10,562,099 inhabitants, it is the largest city in Europe, the seventh place in the world and has been designated as a world metropolis. It was founded in 1147 on the banks of the Moskva River, which is a tributary of the Volga. Until the time of Peter the Great was the capital of the kingdom of Russia, the years that followed lost the scepter from St. Petersburg but after 1917 he came back to the fore as the capital of the Soviet Union. Nowadays in Moscow a very large proportion of all industrial products in the country are produced, since it houses factories producing cars, electrical goods, paper and many chemical goods. He excel in literacy and culture as he is the home of many distinguished scientific and educational institutions, has more than 70 museums, many libraries and numerous theaters dominated by Bolshoi. Finally, it is worth noting that Moscow is the most important transport center in Russia, with innumerable road and railways connecting it with the interior of the country and with the most important European cities. It also has four international airports, nine electric rail terminals, and the world’s second busiest metro after Tokyo.
The Federal City of Saint Petersburg is the second largest Russian city in the northwest of Russia, where the Neva River flows into the Baltic Sea. It is built on a cluster of small islands separated by natural and artificial canals that communicate with bridges. It was founded by Tsar Peter the Great of Russia on 27 May 1703 and has been for more than 200 years the capital of the Russian Empire. In the 300 years of its history the city changed its name several times since it was founded as Petersburg in 1914 it was renamed Petrograd and immediately after Lenin’s death until 1991 was called Leningrad. Nowadays two very common names are Saint Petersburg and Peter. The entire city is a huge open exhibition of monumental, decorative and utilitarian architecture. It is full of magnificent buildings, huge parks, carved bridges, statues and monuments that combine the Baroque style with that of neoclassicism. The numerous channels that run through it creates a distinct setting and give it various nicknames such as “Venice of the North” and “City of 300 Bridges”. It is characteristic that the entire historic center and several regional sites have been declared UNESCO World Heritage Sites. With a population of approximately 5,000,000 inhabitants, it has the role of a metropolis and a transport hub for the wider region. You can easily reach it through its large international airport and although we would suggest you visit it during the warmer months of the year, it is a unique destination for those who want to travel to a rapidly growing city, while having the ability to travel intelligently in the Tsar and Rasputin.
ATHENS – MOSCOW (FIRST MEET AND EVENING WALK IN THE HISTORICAL CENTER OF THE CITY)
MOSCOW – CITY TOUR – CATHEDRAL CHRIST THE SAVIOUR – PATRIARSHY BRIDGE – RED SQUARE – TOUR IN MUSEUMS – GIFT MUSEUM ASTRONAUTICS-COSMONAUTICS
MOSCOW – KREMLIN – TEMPLE SQUARE – PATRIARCH’S PALACE – STATE HISTORICAL MUSEUM – MOSCOW METRO
MOSCOW (FREE DAY)
SAINT PETERSBURG (FIRST MEET AND EVENING WALK IN THE HISTORICAL CENTER OF THE CITY)
SAINT PETERSBURG – CITY TOUR – FORTRESS & PETER AND PAUL CATHEDRAL – GIFT CHURCH OF THE SAVIOR ON BLOOD – HERMITAGE MUSEUM
SAINT PETERSBURG – KOTLIN ISLAND – MARINE CATHEDRAL CHURCH OF SAINT NICHOLAS – VISIT TO SUMMER RESIDENCES OR DOWN PARK AND GRAND PALACE – CATHERINE PALACE
SAINT PETERSBURG – ATHENS
Prices per person:
or HOLIDAY MARRIOTT TVERSKAYA 4*
(price for all
(price for all
or HOLIDAY INN MOSKOVSKYE VOROTA 4*
*Child’s price is based on one child΄s stay (up to 10,99 yrs), in the same room with two (2) adults in an extra bed.
Flights with Aeroflot Airlines:
1st Day: Athens – Moscow: 13:05 (departure) – 18:15 (arrival).
5th Day: Moscow – Saint Petersburg: Daily express train or flight.
8th Day: Saint Petersburg – Moscow: 15:30 (departure) – 17:00 (arrival) or 14:30 (departure) – 15:50 (arrival).
8th Day: Moscow – Athens: 20:30 (departure) – 23:40 (arrival).
- Accommodation in 4* hotels with half board (breakfast & dinner based program). The hotels do not have triple rooms, they are double rooms with the addition of a folding bed (ranch), while most hotels in these cases serve only children up to 11,99 years old (for accommodation for 12 years and over and adults in extra bed as 3rd person please specify with the agency).
- Air tickets ATHENS – MOSCOW and SAINT PETERSBERG – MOSCOW – ATHENS with Aeroflot Airlines.
- Aeroflot flights per person include One (1) baggage up to 23 kg and One (1) hand baggage up to 8 kg of specified dimensions (depending on the airline the conditions vary).
- Daily express train tickets or air tickets for Moscow – Saint Petersburg (the means of transition is determined by the organizer before departure from Greece and directly depends on when the final list of travelers with all passport data will be available).
- Airport taxes & fuel surcharges.
- Local taxes.
- For holders of GREEK PASSPORTS: Russian visa & consulate security (emergency medical coverage for people up to 75 years, for older people, please contact the agency).
- For holders of GREEK PASSPORTS: Liability Insurance, Travel Insurance (covers people up to 75 years old).
- Transport to program-based destinations.
- Greek-speaking guided tours by local professional tour guides as per schedule.
- Entrance fees to museums & tours locations and program tours as per schedule.
- Greek-speaking guide during the group trip for more than 25 people. For smaller groups, our Greek-speaking representatives in Moscow and Saint Petersburg will serve as escorts (in any case our Greek-speaking representatives will be present at all arrivals and departures of the groups at the airports and train stations where they will give the necessary instructions to travelers and will accompany them during their arrangement in hotels).
- Gift based programs.
- Everything that is not explicitly mentioned in the program or referred to as optional or proposed.
- Visa cost / charge for passports of other countries (except Greece).
- The program can also be implemented in different order or partial change, if this is necessary for a better outcome. The length of tours depends directly on the traffic on the streets, the trip period and the particularities of the group (eg number of people, ages). On rare occasions, some of the State Museums (especially the Kremlin museums) may restrict or prohibit entry for tourist groups due to reception of official missions to them, while the relevant information to the agencies is only 1 day in advance. In these cases, the group’s visit to the museum is replaced with a visit to another. Particularly in the case of holidays, official holidays in destinations, the program will be adjusted based on the opening hours of museums and program visits.
- The final program of tours comes out 5-7 days before the departure date.
- Prices are for a minimum of 10 people.
- Prices may be adjusted based on ROB / EUR parities.
- For group of less than 12 people for transport / travels, mini bus / van is used.
- Insurance do not cover cases of aggravation of chronic diseases.
Information for publishing Russian visa IN ATHENS for GREEK passports owners
For the issuance of a (simple) visa, 6 working days are required for the passport to be issued to the consulate (for issue in Athens) and need: TRAVELERS PASSPORT (must be valid for 6 months after the date of departure of the traveler from Russia and signed by the holder in the respective field), 1 RECENT (last six months) photo (3,5 cm x 4,5 cm, color mat, on white background, while the persons face must cover 80% of the photo), completed FORM INFORMATION DATA – VISA DECLARATION. Travelers will also have to sign a RESPONSIBLE DECLARATION and an AUTHORIZATION. All supporting documents must be in our office UP TO 15 DAYS BEFORE THE TRAVEL DATE at the latest. A single visa price is included in the price of the package. There is a possibility of issuing an emergency visa at a charge of 45 €.