3 & 4 Days – Departures:
Daily from 15 June 2020 until 31 October 2020
Hydra. One of the most picturesque and atmospheric islands of the Saronic Gulf, ideal for romantic and art weekends. The architectural shell of the once prosperous and historic naval state of the early 19th century has been kept intact and set up inside it is a sophisticated tourist resort with beautiful guesthouses and timeless meeting points. The high-rise mansions, some of which are visitable, are impressive. The port is the heart of the island and essentially the only settlement. Around it and in the back alleys you will find nice cafes and restaurants as well as arty boutiques. With a base in Chora you can take several nice walks: the two most classic options are either to the Historical Archive and the Port Authority or to Kiafa with the mansions of Kountouriotides and from there, along the coast, to Spilia, Mylos and Kamini. If you do not do well with walking and stairs, it is better to choose another island, as there are no cars and the routes are either on foot or by sea taxi. Apart from the visitable mansions and museums, Hydra has a strong artistic movement and every summer a series of exhibitions of contemporary art takes place here, with the most famous ones organized by DESTE by Dakis Ioannou in the Old Slaughterhouses and Dimitris Antonitsis in the Old High School. The churches are also interesting: the Monastery of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in the port and the temples of St. John the Lent with frescoes of the 18th century and St Constantine of Hydra made of hewn stone.
Prices per person:
|199 €||209 €||299 €||199 €||159 €|
Prices per person:
|239 €||269 €||419 €||239 €||209 €|
- Ferry tickets economy class Piraeus – Hydra – Piraeus (Piraeus – Hydra: 10:00 – 12:00 / Hydra – Piraeus: 15:15 – 17:15).
- Two (2) or Three (3) overnights with breakfast in Hydra, at central accommodation (Hotel Mistral or similar), close to super market, taverns, entertainment centers and local transport.
- Tour Operator Liability insurance.
- Does not include the accommodation tax of € 0.50 per room, per overnight stay which is paid on the spot by the customers at the hotel.
- The children’s price is valid for a child under 10 years old, together with 2 parents.
- A copy of a valid student ID is required for the student price.
- The family room has a maximum capacity of 4 people.
- The above prices are valid based on availability.
- Does not include everything that is not explicitly mentioned in the program or referred to as optional or proposed.