November until March every Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Daily Service from April to October
English, French, Italian.
Delphi, a UNESCO world heritage site at a distance of 187 km from Athens, is an ideal choice for a one-day excursion from Athens. According to mythology, the two eagles sent by Zeus from the far end of the universe met to find the center of the world, the navel of the earth. Today, in the impressive archaeological site, we admire, among others, the Temple of Apollo and the treasury of the Siphnians. The history of the famous oracle is housed in the Archaeological Museum, while Arachova, a famous winter resort, is a short walk away.
Drive through the fertile plain of Beotia, crossing the towns of Thebes connected with the tragedy of King Oedipus – Levadia and Arachova (short stop on the way back).
Arrive at Delphi, the center of Ancient World – the “Omphalos” (Navel of Earth) – whose prestige extended far beyond the boundaries of the Hellenic World.
On the slopes of Mount Parnassus, in a landscape of unparalleled beauty and majesty, lie the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo Pythios.
Visit the Treasury of the Athenians, the Temple of Apollo and the Museum containing such masterpieces of Ancient Greek sculpture as the bronze Charioteer and the famous athlete Aghias.
Lunch in the modern village of Delphi, return to Athens by the same route.
April until October:
Including lunch 106,00 € per person
Without lunch 93,00 € per person
November until March:
Including lunch 100,00 € per person
Without lunch 87,00 € per person
- LANGUAGE: All excursions are bilingual, unless otherwise stated.
- PRICES: Valid for the specific period, each tour is operated and overall for the period it is stated above, regardless of when the tour is booked. All prices are subject to modification without previous notice.
- REDUCTIONS: Children aged up to 4 years old carried free of charge provided no bed or seat in the bus is occupied, or meals offered. Children aged 4 – 12 years old are granted a 50% reduction of the official rate (except excursions No.1C, No.9A & No.9B).
- CANCELLATIONS: No cancellation fees unless last moment. The “NO CANCELLATION FEES” condition valid if a tour is cancelled within two hours prior to departure time.
- ITINERARIES: As specifically mentioned in each tour. In case of a force major and / or reasons beyond our control and events that occur after the tour departure, we reserve the right to modify the routing and alter the itineraries.
- BAGGAGE’S: Is at the risk of every individual passenger. “GALEA TRAVEL” and its agents cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to luggage while on our motor coaches or while loading and unloading. Rates quoted include handling one piece of luggage per person.
- LOST ITEMS: Small articles, coats, wraps, umbrellas, cameras, hand bags and any other items are carried on a motor coach are entirely under the care of the passenger who is cautioned of the risk attached to these being left in conveyances. Every effort will be made to retrieve lost or forgotten items. However, “GALEA TRAVEL” and its agents, in no way can be held responsible if such items are not retrieved.
- INSURANCE: Passengers are covered against injuries while on coaches only.