November until March every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
Daily Service from April to October
English, French, Italian.
Sounion is a rocky cape, the southernmost point of Attica. It rises almost vertically from the sea to a great height, forming at its foot a small cove, which is separated from another islet by an isthmus. Sounion is known for its significant geographical location. It was the first spot that someone observed sailing from the Cyclades or Asia Minor towards Piraeus. The municipality took its name from the «Sounion Temple» and «Sounion End», which are mentioned by Homer in the Odyssey. In recent years, the wider region due to its environmental value was declared a national park.
Drive along the coastal road, passing the wonderful beaches of Glyfada, Vouliagmeni & Varkiza to the most Southern point of Attica, Cape Sounion, where the white marble pillars of the Temple of Poseidon stand.
On the way, you have a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf and the little islands offshore.
After visiting the Temple of Poseidon, you have time to walk at leisure on the rocky promontory of Sounion.
April until October: 49,00 € per person
November until March: 45,00 € per person
- LANGUAGE: All excursions are bilingual, unless otherwise stated.
- PRICES: Valid for the specific period, each tour is operated and overall for the period it is stated above, regardless of when the tour is booked. All prices are subject to modification without previous notice.
- REDUCTIONS: Children aged up to 4 years old carried free of charge provided no bed or seat in the bus is occupied, or meals offered. Children aged 4 – 12 years old are granted a 50% reduction of the official rate (except excursions No.1C, No.9A & No.9B).
- CANCELLATIONS: No cancellation fees unless last moment. The “NO CANCELLATION FEES” condition valid if a tour is cancelled within two hours prior to departure time.
- ITINERARIES: As specifically mentioned in each tour. In case of a force major and / or reasons beyond our control and events that occur after the tour departure, we reserve the right to modify the routing and alter the itineraries.
- BAGGAGE’S: Is at the risk of every individual passenger. “GALEA TRAVEL” and its agents cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to luggage while on our motor coaches or while loading and unloading. Rates quoted include handling one piece of luggage per person.
- LOST ITEMS: Small articles, coats, wraps, umbrellas, cameras, hand bags and any other items are carried on a motor coach are entirely under the care of the passenger who is cautioned of the risk attached to these being left in conveyances. Every effort will be made to retrieve lost or forgotten items. However, “GALEA TRAVEL” and its agents, in no way can be held responsible if such items are not retrieved.
- INSURANCE: Passengers are covered against injuries while on coaches only.