Half-day Morning Tour
English, French, Italian.
Athens. The city that gave birth to democracy, science and the fine arts. Athens of history and ancient civilization – the Parthenon, the Acropolis, the Ancient Agora. And at the same time a modern metropolis, a capital live, open, full of energy, which is “generously” granted to you. A city that belongs to mankind and its Mediterranean light. It is the capital of Greece since 1834 and its largest city. It is located in Attica, eastern central Greece, and is one of the oldest cities in the world, with its recorded history reaching 3200 BC. In Athens there are two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Acropolis and the Medieval Daphni Monastery. Thanks to its rich morphology, Athens has many different places from where anyone can admire the stunning view of the city. The climate is temperate, Mediterranean and generally mild for most of the time. Athens and the wider area of Attica have high-standard hotel facilities, modern infrastructure and public transport, as well as a wide range of shopping, dining and entertainment options. It is one of the most charming and attractive capitals of Europe that fascinates every visitor all year round!
This tour gives you an opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city.
Our expert guides will take you to see the Panathenaic Stadium where the first Olympic Games of modern times were held in 1896 (short stop).
Continue and pass by the Prime Minister’s residence (ex Royal Palace) guarded by the Euzones in their colorful uniform, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Hadrian’s Arch, the Parliament and the memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the Academy, the University, the National Library, the Constitution Square (Syntagma).
On the Acropolis visit the Architectural Masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: The Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally “the harmony between material and spirit”, the monument that “puts order in the mind”, the Parthenon.
Continue and visit the place where at last the statues found their home and admire the wonders of the classical era: The new Acropolis museum.
April until October: 83,00 € per person
November until March: 68,00 € per person
- NOTE 1) Due to certain restrictions in the visiting hours of the new Acropolis museum the order of the program can be changed.
- NOTE 2) Clients staying at the coast will be transferred back to their hotels with the Cape Sounion Tour bus.
- LANGUAGE: All excursions are bilingual, unless otherwise stated.
- PRICES: Valid for the specific period, each tour is operated and overall for the period it is stated above, regardless of when the tour is booked. All prices are subject to modification without previous notice.
- REDUCTIONS: Children aged up to 4 years old carried free of charge provided no bed or seat in the bus is occupied, or meals offered. Children aged 4 – 12 years old are granted a 50% reduction of the official rate (except excursions No.1C, No.9A & No.9B).
- CANCELLATIONS: No cancellation fees unless last moment. The “NO CANCELLATION FEES” condition valid if a tour is cancelled within two hours prior to departure time.
- ITINERARIES: As specifically mentioned in each tour. In case of a force major and / or reasons beyond our control and events that occur after the tour departure, we reserve the right to modify the routing and alter the itineraries.
- BAGGAGE’S: Is at the risk of every individual passenger. “GALEA TRAVEL” and its agents cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to luggage while on our motor coaches or while loading and unloading. Rates quoted include handling one piece of luggage per person.
- LOST ITEMS: Small articles, coats, wraps, umbrellas, cameras, hand bags and any other items are carried on a motor coach are entirely under the care of the passenger who is cautioned of the risk attached to these being left in conveyances. Every effort will be made to retrieve lost or forgotten items. However, “GALEA TRAVEL” and its agents, in no way can be held responsible if such items are not retrieved.
- INSURANCE: Passengers are covered against injuries while on coaches only.